For the fifth consecutive 12 months, Verizon compiled a report of the ideal compact metropolitan areas in the United States for commencing a compact small business.
This calendar year, three Utah cities designed the top rated 10, with Logan at the leading, Millcreek at No. 4 and Lehi at No. 9.
What would make these towns so excellent? For this report, Verizon gathered information from 300 metropolitan areas and considered sure types: population, percent of citizens with at minimum a bachelor’s diploma, commute time, cash flow, world wide web obtain, loans per small business and tax rating.
Logan: Logan was deemed the greatest little metropolis in the region to run a tiny small business, in accordance to Verizon.
- This is Logan’s fifth consecutive 12 months in the top rated 50, due to a brief common commute time —18 minutes — fast online and a higher tax score. Verizon states that it is somewhat straightforward to protected a bank loan in Logan, as perfectly.
Millcreek: Coming in at No. 4 on the record, Verizon states that Millcreek is excellent for people who “don’t treatment for major metropolis dwelling but still want to be near to all the motion.”
- Found just 10-15 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City, Millcreek has a escalating position sector and “admirable tax score.”
- Verizon suggests that most persons in Millcreek are family members and young gurus, which only “adds to the excitement” of the metropolis.
Lehi: Lehi, at No. 9 on the record, scores substantial due to the regular house profits getting over $100,000 on a yearly basis.
- Lehi has a good tax rating and residents of the metropolis have simple entry to rapid internet and small business financial loans.
- “Lehi is a fantastic location for tiny-company proprietors to set down their roots,” Verizon says. “After all, the old west is regarded for enlargement and reinvention.”
Honorable mentions: Two other Utah towns also made the best 50 listing for ideal compact metropolitan areas to start a small organization: Taylorsville at No. 25 and South Jordan at No. 37.
Best 10 towns: In accordance to Verizon, these are the leading 10 smaller cities for starting a little organization in the U.S.:
- Logan, Utah.
- Richland, Washington.
- Corvallis, Oregon.
- Millcreek, Utah.
- Kentwood, Michigan.
- Olympia, Washington.
- Royal Oak, Michigan.
- Palm Seashore Gardens, Florida.
- Lehi, Utah.
- Missoula, Montana.
window.fbAsyncInit = operate() FB.init(
appId : '528443600593200',
xfbml : genuine, variation : 'v2.9' )
(perform(d, s, id) var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s) if (d.getElementById(id)) return js = d.createElement(s) js.id = id js.src = "https://join.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js" fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs) (doc, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'))